Who is Sinani
Sinani is a Nguni word which means “we are with you.” Sinani, otherwise known as the KwaZulu-Natal Programme for Survivors of Violence. Sinani is a dynamic non-government organization which has earned a positive reputation for collaborative partnerships with communities affected by violence, poverty and HIV & Aids. Sinani offer the following programmes and believe that these 3 programmes are interrelated.
Here are some of the innovative approaches being developed by Sinani and it's community partners:
- Peace and Reconciliation Booklet read more... Umbumbulu History Booklet Launch: Celebrating History
- Lindelani HIV and AIDS prevention event
- Vumengazi in July held a HIV & Aids awareness attended by more than 1500 people,
- Youth camp 2013
- Thoyana in August held an anti-teenage walk attended by 500 young people
- Nhlazuka in September held a peace campaign & heritage attended by 1500 of which 300 were the local leadership both traditional and political leadership.
- Chobeni in October held a leadership forum tolerance campaign attended by 1000 people
- Mid-Illovo end of October held a dialogue on young people’s challenges attended by 700 people
- Lindelani in November held a HIV and Aids prevention attended by 1700 people of which 700 were men
- At local level, the highlight for 2012 has been the work of a CBO working with children (Uthando) who managed to organise a launch.
- The Sinani Social Circus work with children and youth at risk to show that there are better things to do in life. "We perfom for communites who are survivors of violence to bring back smiles on their faces with hope to heal their hurting souls."
- Partnership- tdh & Sinani in training and facilitation. This programme is regarded as a “partner platform” for mutual exchange amongst partners. Sinani, tdh partner organisation trained in SFA and participating organisation of the tdh regional program “youth2youth” accepted to facilitate the partner meeting.
- Sinani's Award of Excellence!!!
- Richmond Municipality has awarded Sinani a certificate of excellence. In 2011 the organisation is now 16 years servicing communities of KwaZulu Natal
- Circus programme report-FIFA Soccer World cup