Poverty Alleviation Programme
This programme focuses on economic development of communities severely affected by poverty. It functions at the following levels:
- Local Economic Development: Linking community based organizations and income generating projects with municipalities to promote implementation of local economic development plans
- Income Generating Projects: supporting small business development with particularly marginalized and unemployed youth and adults
- Agricultural Projects: supporting subsistence farming and agricultural projects through linkages with other organisations and government departments providing technical assistance and access to outside markets for selling produce
- Career Development: community awareness campaigns and support to unemployed youth to encourage them to further their formal education or access skills development opportunities
HIV and Aids Programme
The HIV and Aids Programme aims to build the capacity of community based structures to prevent further HIV infection and to provide holistic support to families affected by HIV and Aids. It has a particular focus on reducing stigma towards people affected by HIV and Aids.
- HIV Prevention Project: helping leadership and community based structures to design and implement creative projects addressing local dynamics to promote behaviour change
- HIV Care and Support: working with local community based structures to promote effective home based care, access to treatment and psychosocial support regarding the impact of HIV and Aids
- Masculinity Project: working with young men to promote constructive models of masculinity
- Young Women’s Project: working with young women to promote economic independence and healthy relationships
- Vulnerable Children’s Project: supporting community based structures to provide practical and psychosocial support to children affected by loss and HIV and Aids
Where we work
The map below will give you an idea of the different areas that we work in.